Tuesday, October 25, 2005

What we forget to see… and how???

There is always the other side of the coin…. It’s all up to us, as to which side we want to see!!!

There were times when people saw me ugly…
There were times when I wish I was imperceptible …
There were times when I did not see it coming…
There were times when I did not want it come…

How stupid of me?? As a matter of fact, all of us are most of the time this stupid… In spite of knowing so much, yet we are so uninformed of ourselves. We get carried away with the thought that we would be dissected in the eyes of the society, and so, sometimes we even fear our own shadow.

And then comes questions like –

What am I doing?
Why am I doing what I am doing?
Why am I making certain choices?
Why am I repenting some of my choices?

How many of us let our fear rule over our call on these verdicts? Guess most of us do… Not many of us take the time to think from our own boots. If we took that time… may be some of us could find answers to these life changing questions one seeks.

The most interesting part of this search is why am I like what I am and not what I want to be? Does anyone feel the question by itself is completely wrong? If there is anything that you want as badly as you sound, and yet did not have your wants, it could mean either of the following –

May be you are not working towards it… but wait… if you want something so badly, is it not natural that you would have started slogging you ass for it…??? Hmm, then may be you want is not as strong as you think!!!

May be you are so impatient that you want it and want it now??? This again means you haven’t put your share of work for it!!??

The bottom line is… stop wanting things that you are not willing to work for. Or want something so much that you are already started working for it without your own consent.

One of my good friend told me that I was not willing to listen and even if I did, I would have my answers ready for him and so it was no point talking to me !!! Well, I should admit… most of the times I am a little more than obstinate for anyone… may be life would be much more simpler if there was someone else who took all our decisions .. Spoke all our words.. Dreamt all our dreams..Oh yeah.. Worked their ass to get it done: P Now talk about wanting too much!!!!

Most of our emotions are driven by the key word trust. Trust or Faith again depends on one’s own perceptions. Let’s see, how I can put across my perceptions well here. If I could trust someone the most, it would be myself or simply my instincts. Only instincts can protect us from the obvious pain. (TRY taking your finger closer to fire, then may be you would know your instincts).

Instinct can never go against one’s own self interest or would do harm to itself. If all my actions are intended towards fulfilling my own protection and betterment, I can at most be selfish, not unfaithful or unworthy of trust. This is true for everyone; b’coz no one would ever do anything that they think would hurt them or even worsen them. (Even the worst criminal has his rational and knows his keys to the door out!!!).

The bottom line facts about life that I have learnt so far…

(1) People talk – everyone!!!
(2) People talk a lot, that most of time doesn’t mean much to you nor to them.
(3) You can’t stop them from talking… better way is to stop listening perhaps.
(4) There is nothing, or no one, that worth your time and emotions. (I am still learning this one!!!)
(5) Trust everyone… and suspect anyone.

If it is true that the beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder … then may be ugly, lies in their hearts.

The irony is that good stops at the gate and the rest is stored in the hard disk.. J

1 comment:

Naresh said...

superficiality rules when people have no time and interest to give time and thought into other's lives and feelings. Materialistic lives pull out the ugly side of men in due course, nothing like saving it in heart!
nice blog!